Sunday, April 1, 2012

Dine In Brooklyn - Hibino

Where We Went: Hibino for Dine in Brooklyn with my best friend Jill and her husband

What We Ate: The Dine In Brooklyn price fix menu was really great here. Between the four of us we ordered a variety of appetizers including Seaweed Salad, Tuna Tataki, and Agadeshi Tofu, all which were great. The Seaweed Salad was a mixture of six different kinds of seaweed, most of which I'd never had before. The Agadeshi Tofu was phenomenal. The tofu was perfectly cooked and the broth it was served in was so tasty. We all ordered the same entree option which was Kyoto Style Futomaki with six pieces assorted sushi. Having the assorted sushi picked for me meant I had to try pieces I'd never had before such as mackerel, squid, and red snapper which I have fallen in love with.

What We Saw: Like most sushi joints, this place didn't have much by way of decor, but we did get seated at a lovely table right by the window.

What We Thought: The fish was very fresh and delicious, though definitely more expensive than other sushi joints in the neighborhood. The Agadeshi Tofu is enough to make me return, though. Unfortunately this place does not take reservations so there was a long wait and no where to wait so we simply went next door to Henry Public for a pre-dinner drink.

2 comments: