Thursday, February 23, 2012

Essie Brooch the Subject

Those of you that know me, know that I am a nail biter desperately trying to kick the habit once and for all. I once chewed an entire nail up to the cuticle. It was not pretty. Fortunately, I have come a long way from that low point. I no longer bite my nails to the nubs and have even gone as long as 6 weeks without biting a single nail! My goal is to make it to three months of no biting, and ultimately never bite again. I had to reset the clock a few weeks ago after a serious nail biting binge brought on by the school semester starting, but tomorrow will officially be 2 weeks since I last bit a nail. GO ME! 

I find that keeping my nails painted definitely helps me with not biting. I'm a huge fan of bright in your face colors, but also know how to appreciate a good neutral shade when I find it. I'm probably late jumping on the bandwagon of this trend, but I am absolutely loving nude nails! While wearing Essie's Brooch the Subject from their Winter 2011 Cocktail Bling line, I barely even noticed my nails because they blended in with my skin so well. This shade is great for casual wear but can also be dressed up as it won't clash with anything! There are lots of great nudes out there, so find a shade that suits your skin tone best.

Essie's Brooch the Subject shown with Teenage Dream by Katy Perry for OPI

Natural light

Interior light

You can find Brooch the Subject as well as other Essie polishes at drug stores, beauty supply stores, Target, Amazon, or your local salon can order a bottle for you.

What's your favorite nail color? Any bad habits you're trying to break?

1 comment:

  1. Love the new nail color.
    Mine has been OPI - Mimosas for Mr and Mrs.

    ReplyDelete